Admit it. When you read the title you started singing
out loud to yourself that iconic song from “Sound of Music!”
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens.
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens.
Brown paper packages tied up with strings.
These are a few of my favorite things.
It’s ok! We can sing at the top of our lungs and dance like crazy fools together! I won’t judge, if you won’t!
As I was trying to think of the top 5 things I absolutely can NOT live without, I’m not going to lie, it was tough! There are so many things that I LOVE and that make my life easier, but there are very few things that I absolutely, positively would die if I didn’t have! Ok, ok that’s a bit dramatic, but you know what I mean!
So without further ado, here are the top 5 things I can not live without, in no particular order, because seriously that’s asking way too much!
1. Coffee — At our first appointment after I found out I was pregnant, one of my first questions to my doctor was, “Can I still drink coffee?!” Dr. Rush reassured me that it was ok, but in moderation. Oh, thank you, God! I am a BEAR if I don’t have coffee! Just ask my husband! Every morning, Frank makes my coffee in our Keurig, adds a scoop of Cellucor Whey Protein Powder in Whipped Vanilla and leaves it on my nightstand for when I wake up!
2. Essential Oils — I’ve only recently started using doTerra essential oils, but I am obsessed! I started by buying the Family Physician Kit, but now have branched out to using other oils. I diffuse Purify, to eliminate odors and other contaminates, everyday. I mix Frankincense with coconut oil and rub it on Bruce’s gums to help with his teething. Lavender is amazing for headaches and I also mix Fennel oil and honey to help boost my milk supply! I add Melaleuca to Addison and Malcolm’s shampoo and conditioner to ward off creepy crawly head lice!
3. Music — Listening to music has always been very therapeutic for me. I love how certain songs are always able to trigger memories, whether good or bad. It can lift my spirits, make me feel reflective, make me want to dance, or sing at the top of my lungs! I couldn’t imagine life without music!
4. Cell Phone — You didn’t think I could have a Top 5 list without mentioning my cell phone did you?! I use my iPhone for everything, but most importantly I use it to take pictures and videos of Bruce!
5. Lip Balm — I am not a lipstick girl, but I NEVER leave home without lip balm. In fact, I usually have 3 or 4 different ones in my purse or diaper bag at any given time! My favorite these days is EOS Organic Lip Balm Sphere. It comes in many different yummy flavors and makes my lips feel silky smooth, because let’s be honest NO ONE likes dry, cracked lips! Ain’t nobody got time for that!
What are some things you can NOT live without?!