I’m a HUGE advocate for babywearing, but like many moms out there, I get overwhelmed at all of the options and quite frankly…freaked out about the newborn options. That was until discovering the Lalabu!
Here’s what you do NOT want for a newborn:
- Hips rotated out, legs on either side
- Forward facing carrier (can you say “overstimulation”?)
- Crappy fabric up against the brand new baby skin
- Chin to chest position from an ill fitted sling
This is why the Lalabu Soothe Shirt kicks ass! Not only is it $20-30 cheaper than a Moby Wrap (itchy itchy & complicated), but it’s got some super awesome features unlike any other carrier out there!
- Easy to use pouch calms newborns
- Built-in nursing bra for convenient breastfeeding
- Soft, wrinkle free fabric
- Perfect for all seasons – stylish enough to wear alone, light enough to wear under layers
- Made in the USA (very “mom and pop” roots)
It’s a shirt!! It’s idiot proof!! Just put it on over, or under, your regular clothes. Baby gets fussy, hard to hold, wants to snuggle, or needs to nurse…just pop him right into the lil’ marsupial pouch and get to soothin’!
From a Child Development perspective, babywearing is a MUST! It does much more than you think:
1. Improves gross motor development and trunk control due to the suspension
2. Improves language development and speech patters due to the close range to mamas voice
3. Improves physiological patterns (heart rate, breathing) from so much skin to skin, tummy to tummy
4. Improved bonding…happier baby
5. Babywearing is “attchment parenting” and bukoos of studies have shown products of attachment parenting styles to be better adjusted, more confident, more organized, and more social
The Lalabu Soothe Shirt comes in a variety of neutral colors and is sized to perfection. Order yours now or gift to a friend at your next baby shower!